Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Top Talent For 'Make Time Mood Board' Challenge

Morning everyone. Julia here for another Top Talent spot. Today we are going to meet the very talented winner of Claudia's Make Time Mood board Challenge. It is my absolute pleasure to introduce you to:


Mari made a gorgeous card for Claudia's challenge which perfectly reflected the inspiration mood board. Please make sure you pop over to her blog and see the wonderful creations there. Let's learn a little more about Mari:
  1. ​Where do you live? I live in Vantaa, Finland.
  2. Name one artist who inspires you to create and tell us why. I don't follow any particular artist. I'm inspired by different crafters, craft magazines, DT work in challenges and especially new crafty stash.
  3. What is your favourite crafting technique and why? I love stamping and colouring character images. Colouring is so relaxing.
  4. What do you usually do when a project doesn't go to plan? Embellish. I rarely throw anything away.
  5. Name one technique you have never used and explain why. I don't like to get too messy so I don't use techniques where I would have to use my fingers to spread the product.
  6. If you could be any figure in history, who would it be and why? I'm happy being me and wouldn't want to be any figure in history.
I'm sure we can all identify with some of Mari's answers there! Rarely throw anything away. . . . inspired by different crafters. . . . . and new crafty stash!! Love those answers Mari,

Without further ado, let's here what Mari has to say about her project and see an image of her beautiful piece:

"I'm so honoured to be the Top Talent this month. Quite unintentionally the colours and embellishments I chose for my card resemble the ones I used in the card I won the Make Time Mood board Challenge with. The inspiration for this card came from a steampunk design paper I bought from a sale. I embossed and inked the paper and embellished the card with cogs which I decorated with ink, embossing powder and distress stain. I coloured the image with Promarkers and added some ribbon, enamel dots and rhinestones."
Lots of gorgeous layers and techniques Mari in your wonderful card! A beautifully coloured and fussy cut image too which finishes of that clever background. Having never used a Promarker ever, I'm constantly in awe of people who are able to use this product with such skill.

Thank you so much Mari for joining us as our Top Talent in March. You were a dream to work with!

There's still time to join in with our latest challenge: The Return Of The Challenge.  Just click on the link for all the details and some wonderful inspiration from the design team. Our generous sponsor this month is:



Artistic Outpost will be donating a $15.00 gift certificate to our randomly drawn winner to spend at their on-line sister-store Our Daily Bread Designs, where Artistic Outpost resides.

One not to miss in my opinion! Just link up your project with us and you could win that randomly drawn prize, be one of our top three talent or perhaps even our new featured Top Talent guest for the month of May!

Look forward to seeing our next Top Talent in April. Thanks for joining me again this month.

2 comments:

  1. Mari - this is such a fun and definitely lovely card. You did such super shading with your promarkers on your little gal. What luscious colors and layers. Your card has such depth.

    So fun learning more about you. I admires your answers - so good to just be YOU! Thanks bunches for being such a super Top Talent. GREAT inspiration! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab card from you, Mari! Love the colours and depth you have created! Thank you so much for being our guest today! Sending huge hugs!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx